Pencil Drawings by Stephen M. Russ
Built in 1911, the Karpeles museum was originally called the First Church of Christ and was the
home of the Christian Scientist congregation until the early1980's. It was then occupied by various Baptist
congregations until it was purchased by the museum in December of 2003. The Karpeles Library consists of
museums in 11 cities throughout the U.S. Only Buffalo and Fort Wayne Ind. have two museums with the other
Buffalo locatioin being on Porter Ave.