Buffalo Memorial Auditorium
Buffalo Memorial Auditorium, or more commonly known as the "Aud" opened on Oct. 14, 1940. It began as a public works project through a grant from the WPA. The Aud replaced the old Civic Arena (now the Buffalo streets department barn) and became the home of several Buffalo professional sports teams and concert venues,
The Aud closed in 1996 and was demolished in 2009 to make way for waterfront development, The
name and seal on the facade was removed and put into storage. See the Details gallery for a drawing of the Seal of the city.