War Memorial Stadium
War Memorial Stadium, affectionately known as "the Rockpile" was built in 1937 and was named Roesch Memorial Stadium after Charles E. Roesch, mayor of Buffalo from 1930-1934. Later that year the name was changed to Grover Cleveland Stadium
and then to Civic Stadium in 1938. In 1960 it became War Memorial Stadium. The stadium was home to the AAFC Buffalo Bills in 1960 and the minor league Buffalo Bisons in 1960 and again in 1979. The Rockpile was partially demolished in
1988 and the remaining structure is now a high school athletic field named the Johnnie B. Wiley Amateur Athletic Sports Pavilion.